Reasons To Prepare Your Brisbane Property
Attract Better Quality Tenants
Achieve Higher Rent
Save Money on Repairs
Make Your House Shine
What people can see from the road is your front cover, your first impression that you only get once, so make sure the lawns are mowed and the garden is tidy. This will increase the number of tenants at your inspections.
Secondly, you need to scrub your house from top to bottom. It will surprise you with how many rental properties are dirty and not maintained. Your house will REALLY stand out to better tenants if it’s nice and clean.
Tenants are required to leave the property in the same condition they received it, allowing for fair wear and tear. That goes both ways if it is left clean or dirty. If their entry condition report shows that it is dirty, unclean or damaged then that is the condition they can leave it. We would recommend, to save you money but more importantly, TIME, find a local bond cleaner that can get your property in the best possible shape for finding tenants. If there is something that isn’t quite up to standard you can send them back to fix up the error instead of wasting your weekends on your hands and knees scrubbing when it could be spent doing something you actually enjoy. Better quality tenants will apply for your property if it’s clean.
If it’s broken, fix it:
It can really impact on how long it takes to secure a tenant for your property if the little things are overlooked.
Here is a list of items to consider :
- All the lights are working
- There’s no big stains or burns on the carpet
- Curtains and blinds are clean and can open and close
- Shower door opens smoothly
- Sliding doors open and close smoothly
- No holes in the walls or doors, repaired holes are done professionally or to a professional standard
- All taps can turn on and off easily with no leaks
- No cracked, jammed or dirty windows
- No electric wires hanging out of walls
- All power points are secured onto the walls and are in working order (if there
are a couple not working it might be a good idea to get an electrician in to
do a once-over of the whole house to fix everything in one go and save
hundreds in multiple call out fees)
- TV antenna is picking up a signal (you may only need a booster)
- Balcony railings or steps are solid and secure
- Fly screens are all securely fitted
- All external doors lock and keys copied
This may seem obvious or unnecessary even, but all the small things add up and
tenants are good at noticing when owners don’t care enough about their property.